Last night was the Oscar de la Renta exhibition at the SCAD museum. It was such an amazing event and really did an excellent job show casing some of his greatest accomplishments and moments. I am so glad I got the chance to go and view the exhibit on the opening night. Top names that came to honor Oscar include Anna Wintour, Annette de la Renta, and Andre Leon Talley.
It truly was a once in a lifetime experience. If you couldn’t make it to Savannah, don’t worry I made sure to take tons of pictures of the incredible pieces. Here are a list of some of the memorable dresses that were there.
- embroidered silk evening gown worn by Taylor Swift at the 2014 MET Gala
- Velvet and duchesse silk evening gown worn by Sarah Jessica Parker at the 2014 MET Gala
- Silk evening gown worn by Beyonce, Vogue cover 2013
- Satin Cocktail dress, 2005, worn by Sarah Jessica Parker for Lovely Perfume campaign
- Embroidered and sequined evening gown worn by Nicole Kidman at the 2010 SAG Awards
- Silk gown worn by Kirsten Dunst in Vogue September 2006
- Custom beaded silk gown worn by Oprah Winfrey for the 2010 American Woman: Fashioning a National Identity.
- Oscar de la Renta for Balmain
- Chanel Haute Couture made exclusively for Annette de la Renta
The exhibition will be in Savannah until May 3rd so I highly recommend planning a trip to see the designs of a legend. It really is breath taking and something you will not want to miss!